Hello all. I’m back in your inbox this morning with your new edition of the Lakewood Daily. Keep reading for the most important things happening around town.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 89 Low: 65.
Here’s to the wonderful local business who sponsors this newsletter. Check out what they can do for you:
Looking to buy a home in Lakewood? What if we could introduce you to a top-rated local realtor who’s driven, savvy, and has deep expertise in the local market? Meet Ryan Penn, founder of 360dwellings Real Estate. Ryan has been in real estate for nearly 20 years, has a perfect 5-Star rating on Yelp & Google, and gets an A+ rating from clients on Expertise.com. If you’re buying and selling in the Lakewood area, work with the best. Contact Ryan Penn today.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top three stories in Lakewood today:
- Fireworks sparked a small vegetation fire at the Whisper Creek Apartments in Lakewood on Sunday evening. West Metro Fire reports the spark ignited vegetation next to a garage, also damaging the side of a garage. No injuries were reported in the incident. (FOX 31 Denver)
- A new Horizon Cannabis store will soon take the space of the former Cross Genetics dispensary. The new dispensary is scheduled to open in July at 6745 West Mississippi Avenue in Lakewood, according to co-owner Colin Weynand. Horizon is pledging to offer some of the lowest prices around for both medicinal and recreational users. (Westword)
- Looking for a new job without a long commute? Patch and ZipRecruiter have partnered to bring readers the latest local job listings to hit the market. Visit the link to view full-time and part-time opportunities, including some remote work, in and around Lakewood. (Lakewood Patch)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Lakewood Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Take the Survey 👉
Today in Lakewood:
- Baby Time At Lakewood Library (9:15 AM)
From my notebook:
- Congrats to the Colorado Avalanche for taking home the Stanley Cup this weekend! This marks the team’s first NHL championship win in 21 years. (NPR)
- Lakewood’s own 6 & 40 Brewery was featured in a roundup of top breweries in the Denver area. (kool1079.com)
- Every year during Girl Scouts cookie sales, local troops have the opportunity to choose their Hometown Heroes. Girl Scouts Troop 42533 chose Flight For Life Colorado, based here in Lakewood, and brought 16 cases of delicious cookies to the LG-3 crew! (Flight For Life Colorado via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Estate Planning Seminar (June 28)
- Real Estate Investment Hour (June 28)
- Breast Ultrasound Screening Coming Direct to You! (June 30)
- Breast Ultrasound Screening Coming Direct to You! (July 1)
- Dakota Ridge HS Soccer Academy – Summer Session (July 11)
- Add your event
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Tuesday. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.
Read the full article here